Do you feel stalking to within 40 yards of a turkey doesn’t take skill?

Personally, I don’t call them much anymore. When they’re lovesick they’re about as challenging to call in as a drunk is to a bar. Easy, though I still do it sometimes.

I get MUCH more satisfaction out of stalking/belly crawling up to feeding birds and getting them killed than I do calling them to me.

To the OP, if I remember correctly my longest (via shotgun anyway) was about 60 yards with my BPS 10 gauge and some random factory turkey load with I believe lead #6 shot. Full choke, but not a special ‘turkey’ choke. It straight up rocked his world.

I called him into maybe 10 yards but he came in behind me. Once I realized he was there, he took off running. I stood up, spun 180 degrees and let him have it as he sprinted away.

Boom. Big ‘ol Idaho tom.[/quote]

Truth. I'm all for getting the job done. Turkey hunting vs turkey killing. I like to eat them to much to play with my food. Not near as ate up with it at this point in my life. Same goes for "reaping" whatever you wanna call it. So I'm a bad guy because I crawl out into a field and fan a gobbler in that has no interest in my calling? BTW it doesn't always work.. but when it does its a blast. If you wanna sit in the bushes and call for hrs that's cool too. If its legal I'm all for it.

Hook and Book, Shoot and Scoot