Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by rte
I would be more inclined to believe Lara Logan,who has established connections to the intel community and Steve Bannon, who was a Naval officer than some anonymous member.

I too was a Naval intelligence NCO who spent 3 years working at an NSA field site. I did the actually collection, analysis and reporting of the intel, not just reading it and passing it along. WOC qualified and trainer qualified for intelligence as well. I too know people and I'm going with what they told me vice some random lady and Steve. Nothing against Steve.

She's offered ZERO proof of the possibility much less probability. Show me how that ship was "hackable" to begin with - resulting in complete loss of power, regain power, lose power regain it and then hit the bridge.

You there.

Stop bringing logic and stop trying to make sense here.

You're ruining this forum.

The local boat guys down at the bar last night - don't see it as hackable either. Maybe you mess with a GPS or something but not the engine room, not aux and primary power. They're just not that connected to the outside - per these guys. Real? dunno but I trust the guy building the things over some tart on Steve's show.

Yeah, that's pretty much my take on things.

Kinda like in your industry, they may have GPS units to tell where their trucks are, and they may have them computer governed so as to not speed or over rev, but I haven't heard of a truck being hacked and driven into a fuel depot...............................yet..

Boats I've been on, never one that size though, have all sorts of electronic navigation stuff but nothing I ever saw that could take over and do all you noted to the operational parts of the vessel. The Captains I've known would never serve on a vessel that could be taken over remotely, not without some strong contract stating they are not responsible if something with that system screws up.

I know of ELDs being hacked while the truck goes down the road from a vehicle next to it.

Truck Worms

Me