Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by rte
Originally Posted by Teal
The local boat guys down at the bar last night - don't see it as hackable either. Maybe you mess with a GPS or something but not the engine room, not aux and primary power. They're just not that connected to the outside - per these guys. Real? dunno but I trust the guy building the things over some tart on Steve's show.

A person stated that if you hack the GPS you control the ship.

The GPS provides instructions to the engine room.

You still didn't watch this War Room segment,did you?

You also didn't mention that McCabe claimed this was an accident early yesterday morning.

GPS doesn't shut off the lights, power and aux power. That's the point the GUYS WHO BUILD THE BOATS TOLD ME. THEY'RE NOT CONNECTED. AGAIN, at the SOURCE of the BOAT ITSELF.

GPS would contact engine room to run the rudder which is NOT the same as the propulsion which was not working when it went dark. The smoke- per them is the restart and full astern once back on-line.

Also, I assume that there is no way the port pilots are navigating off GPS alone, if at all.

And maybe life is different on those giant, new, container vessels but I can't imagine any skipper allowing GPS to run his vessel (even if completely capable of doing so) in a harbor with bridges, ship traffic, recreational vessels, fishing vessels, etc. Any more than I'd expect any airline pilot to put the autopilot on when leaving the tarmac and not also having the ability to control his ship.

Odd China is written all over ownership and management. Accident? If Joey says so.

https://www.sgpbusiness.com/company/Grace-Ocean-Private-Limited#Corporate-Profile

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]