Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Teal
Baltimore needs the port open now.

Honestly - they should be asking the SeaBees for help as clearing this is WELL within their wheelhouse of skills.

Exactly, get the harbor opened back up, asap.

Had this have happened in China the lanes would most likely be open by Monday[at the latest].

I assume tho - we're operating a little slower to recover bodies. China wouldn't, they'd dynamite the thing and go. I get that. But you ARE talking about tons of metal, debris in what, 45 feet of water and a monster current. Plus it's not like that debris and metal is there like legos and will come apart easily. It's a pile of work for sure.

Originally Posted by flintlocke
I don't know beans about the Seabees...but I know something about marine construction...I would opt for the biggest marine construction contractor in the Chesapeake, with the most heavy lift capability...and offer them a time contingent bonus contract and get out of the f...king way. Done.

Funny, on our siblings text string this morning one of them mentioned some Navy vessels stuck because of the wreck and how they can't get out. I mentioned that if the Navy wanted them out, they'd be out within a week.

Seabees or private contractors, wouldn't matter. Teal is likely on to something there with our societal norms requiring the dead be located first. Other societies might say F it, lets get this harbor open again.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?