If the point is "shooting flatter", take a gander at the BC's of the two bullets- not for the reason you are thinking, though!

(Now before I get drawn and quartered, let me say that IN MY OPINION, BC is almost meaningless in a hunting bullet- within reason.)

But if we are worrying about how flat it shoots, then we are planning on maybe shooting this sucker longer ranges, no? I don't know the BC of the Barnes nor the 210 Noz, but for illustrative purposes in my .358, the 200-gn Hornady (BC= low .2's) is unusable past about 250 yards, due to wind drift. It just blows all over. The 225 Partition (BC = mid .4's) is flat-out deadly out to 400 yards! And in addition to that, the 225-gn bullet, which starts out 150 fps slower, is actually going FASTER than the 200-gn bullet, at said 400 yards.

So if the BC of that 160-gn .33 is very low, anyone planning on shooting it at longer ranges should at least check the drift, especially from a relatively slow-mover like a .338 Fed. It might work fine, but then again, it might not. That's a short bullet right there.

My opinion is, if longer ranges matter to a person, use a heavier bullet, not lighter, and just know your drops.

Anyway... Just a thought... and I wouldn't have spoke it out loud like this, if I hadn't just seen this point so clearly illustrated in the last few months, with my own eyes.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 08/05/08.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!