Ranchette,

Long bullets are a real problem for guys trying to max out a .358 or .338 Fed unless they've built it on a long action. TAC may or may not solve that; but at best it's a uncommon powder, might not agree with a given rifle, etc. In general long bullets are a bummer...

If you load for one of these, I'd be curious as to your experiences, since they seem contrary to what the rest of us have been seeing for a long time. If you DON'T load for one of these, then whataya doing?

338FED, I've not run H4895 but IMR4895 is my main powder with 225's. Case capacity, not pressure signs, is what always puts a ceiling on things for me in my M7... With 200's on down I have found RL7 to be magical. 2640 fps with 200's from a 20" tube. Others have reported good things with RL10 but that just finally showed up in my area and I have not tried it yet.

A gentleman I PM with reports almost 2600 fps with 225's using RL15, but in my rifle his load gave 2400 fps and pressure signs. Which is why my first reaction to 2700 fps with 200's was so immediate; with .358 at least, 2 different rifles, I have never even come close to "Internet" velocities <grin>.

One of the off- season goals is to mess with TAC in my rifle.

Always a pleasure 338Fed!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!