Perhaps, but like I said, I have too little field experience witht he TSX's to KNOW if they offer anything above the Nosler Partitions.

Also, with the 338 Fed we are dealing with a short action case that MAY be somewhat challenged when it comes to case capacity. As such, can we really say that it will be fast enough to make the lighter bullets (TSX's) work as well or any better than a heavier Nosler Partition? From everything I have read it seems that TSX's really benefit from very high velocity.

This all speaks to my limited experience with the TSX and nearly 40 years of using the NP. I do not KNOW that a .33/160 would be the BEST match in the 338 Fed for use on elk, but from my experience I do KNOW that the 210 Nosler will work quite well, and I think, better. Could I be wrong? Yep!

JB mentioned earlier that he had a friend who used the lighter bullet on moose and came away feeling that he would have been better served with a heavier bullet.

Will the 33/160 work on elk? Certainly. Is it the BEST option available for the 338 Fed? In my mind, probably not.

As always, you pays your money and you takes your chances........

In this situation I would opt for the heavier bullet.

-Mike-

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~