Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I remember you mentioning those speeds before, and I remember we were excited about JB's article... Me for the .358 part. What you seeing is exciting for what it says for the .358 <g>. I like it!

I am in "no man has gone before" territory with RL7 and 200's in my 358. With RL7 the case capacity is a non-issue. I lobbied JB to mess with that powder, but he didn't. I intend to try some of that there TAC asap. I'm still searching for the perfect load but in my M7 action there's real limits to a guys max OAL... So the heavier tipped or copper bullets lose their luster fast for the speed they cost you. 2500 fps with a 225 Partition is pretty cool.. Knock off 100 fps or so (est) for the 225 Accubond stings a little.

Sorry! Back to 338 fed... Got on a .358 tangent, my bad. :-)

Jeff,
Your comments on using a Model 7 prompted me to respond here.
I, too, have a Model 7 (KS), though not a 358 or a 338 fed, but a 350 Rem Mag.
I've played around with diferent loads/bullets and pretty well thought that 2650 fps (225 grain Nosler or TSX) was about all I could squeeze out of it's 20" barrel.
Then I tried Ramshot TAC with a 225 TSX. 62 grains of TAC is giving an honest 2773 fps(!!!) with extreme spreads of less than 10 fps and great accuracy. (This load is right out of Barnes' new manual).
This stuff seems to overcome the case capacity issue, at least in the 350. It may well work wonders in your 358 (or 338 Fed).

-Mike-

Last edited by MickeyD; 12/24/08.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~