"Just exactly what is "your" definition of a true veteran?"

Loyalty to his/her fellow veteran, especially those of Vietnam, because loyalty is at the root or heart of character. Without either like Junior Bush you're nothing more than a recovering common drunk trying to convince the world someone's going to get their ass kicked and using United States military to do it.

All,
I've always known Mr Do -Gooder (Jimmy Carter) pardoned the drift dodgers that ran to Canada and elsewhere. What I didn't know until recently that this pardon (freeride) was promised prior to being elected. Which means after 58,000 loss their lives not to mention the hundreds of thousands that was wounded ,our society supported these lowlifes over veterans. And my opinion our society no longer qualifies as being preserving as judgmental over any of us that did our duty. One of the reasons reported back then was because he Mr. Do-Gooder accepted campaign contributions from wealthy families who had lowlife's living in Canada. This was to my opinion the ultimate betrayal to any Vietnam veteran discharged honorable and/or otherwise. However, after 1968 any National Guard that didn't serve in Vietnam and to my knowledge there was none, qualifies as the same type of lowlife's as those that chose to run. The National Guard during junior bushes time was nothing more than a safe haven for drift dodgers. If our country requires us to serve in combat, then without question need to be loyal.