"3. I read a line in a book once- a guy was asked if he thought a squad member was gay- The response was " a man in nam fighting on my side is a man fighting by my side- I don't care what he may be outside of that" May not be exact but close and no I do NOT advocate homosexuals in the military or their lifestyle. The point is when you are in the military the guys next to you are your "brothers" and I can not stand a man who would turn his back on them. Kerry did so by activly working to undermine the efforts of our government to fight in Vietnam- maybe we didn't fight that conflict the correct way but we made a stand."

I think this paragraph or statement says a lot about your knowledge of Vietnam. The fact is, there's probably not a veteran that ever served there that wouldn't say the same thing, based on the amount of military manpower I personally witnessed that war if run right could have been over in two weeks. So to say we made a stand, that could be but both hands were tied behind our backs.

As to your assertion Mr. Kerry turned his back on his fellow veterans , I totally disagree. Actually, based on the facts and time of his testimony, he was trying to shed light on some of the atrocities (horrors) taking place. That doesn't mean I totally agree with his testimony and open protest, quite the opposite. However, if Mr. Kerry turned his back on his fellow veterans it was nowhere near the level of disloyalty this country display towards those who served there not only during the conflict but after returning home , and many years that followed.

Last edited by larrymartin; 04/04/04.