I have no close friends who were in actual combat in Kennedy and Johnsons war. I was discharged in 62 and if memory serves me correctly we had a lot of Special Forces in Vietnam who had no live rounds and then when they were allowed to have ammo they were no allowed to shoot until they were shot at. I would not want to be in Iraq but it would be nice to have ammo. I happened to have a job in Germany where I did get to meet several of these guys. They were a special breed. From talking to several friend and realitives who fought in Korea and WW2 you get most of the bragging and general BS. From the guys who saw no or very little combat. I had friends who were in Normandy Invasion and in the jungles of Asia and one very good friend who flew combat missions from carriers. If they would talk about it at all they would just talk about the good times. All these guys are gone now and a lot of history went with them. It sure is saying something for junior to be able to fly fighter planes and never showing up for duty. I was in alabama once and I don't think I saw him. Kenny