Well all-

If I may put in my two cents as a current active duty military member (BTW my father in law was in nam' as a Sea-bee and my late grand father fought in Korea as a Sea-bee so I do have some emotion invested in those conflicts - my other grandfather was in basic when we dropped the bomb on japan so his involvement was not so direct in WWII) . Some points to consider:

1. As any military member can tell you our job can be a thank-less one regardless of your job in the service.

2. The problem I have with Mr. Kerry is that after getting out of Vietnam he turned his efforts to making it difficult for those members of his boat crew still in country.

3. I read a line in a book once- a guy was asked if he thought a squad member was gay- The response was " a man in nam fighting on my side is a man fighting by my side- I don't care what he may be outside of that" May not be exact but close and no I do NOT advocate homosexuals in the military or their lifestyle. The point is when you are in the military the guys next to you are your "brothers" and I can not stand a man who would turn his back on them. Kerry did so by activly working to undermine the efforts of our government to fight in Vietnam- maybe we didn't fight that conflict the correct way but we made a stand.

4. As to Mr. Bush "getting" 550 people killed in Iraq--- hey if you are in the military you know you may be put in a poistion to die it is something we accept and much like vietanm in Iraq it is hard to tell the enemies from the friendlies.

5. We went over there to free a people- we have stopped a ruthless thug who was a WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION . Those that say we did it for oil or as a vendetta and then point out how we went for wmd and where are they? I say you think Bush and Blair made all this up and convinced a large multi-national force to go in (just because the french and germans aren't there doesn't mean its unilaterall) would then forget to plant some anthrax or vx gas?

6. Everyone is screaming why we didn't connect the dots on 9/11 to stop it well we had a lot more intell on Iraq and not doing something about it would be reckless, what happens if those wmds would have been used to strike Israel or given to terrorists to use in europe or the US what would you say then? Why didn't we go in? He (Saddamm) said he had them and kicked out the inspectors!!

Sorry for the length but I wanted to say something.

Andrew

Correct me if im wrong but wasn't it JFK who sent the first really early "advisors" to Vietnam? I though my Father-in-law told me that not sure. But if true is really seems to "slip" a lot of minds when the glorifing of JFK goes on.

Last edited by navrunner1; 04/04/04.

Me