JOG....First off the point I was trying to make was with my wife ok. She knows very little about handguns or ballistics of handgun calibers and what is what with what.

Now the wet paper test was to show her that penetration is important in a CCW pistol and what kind of penetration can you expect etc. She looked on the internet and found all this information on penetration of the .380-auto and other calibers that had been shot into Geletin Blocks. Some of those findings stated 15, 16 and 17 inches of penetration using Cor-Bon bullets.

Well, my tests showed the real penetration of such bullets and it sure as hell is not 17 inches or even 10 inches ok. If I wanted to really penetrate newspaper I would have used FMJ bullets. I didn't get off the boat yesterday, maybe last month.
Also bullets that penetrated furthest in those Geletin black tests were Cor-Bon. They also had the .380-auto penetrating 9 inches of Geletin! Must have be awful soft material.

JOG....You don't need but to get the bullet past the vitals in the torso of a human and that takes penetration to a deepth of at least 9 inches. Yes, it must also mushroom and stay together, without fragging apart 1/3rd the way into the body cavity.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN