Originally Posted by Whitworth1
Originally Posted by OSOK
To say "spray and pray" is to say that the actor is not aiming or placing their shots. Whitworth, to whom are you directing this comment or are you just mentioning it in general?

I personlly believe in placing every shot. No "fire for effect" BS. I live in the real world and realize that I'm held accountable for each and every bullet that I release.

If you carry a revolver and also have extra ammo for it on your person, then you are as much to as admitting that it may be needed. How can it be "bad" or somehow "less" to have a pistol with a 15 round mag capacity?

OSOK -- go to your local range and see what the norm is nowadays. High capacity has encouraged folks to focus on volume of fire versus well-aimed shots. You see them on any given day, shooting patterns at 5-yards. Sad reality, but no reflection on the accuracy potential of the current crop of semi-auto handguns.

My spray and pray comment was never meant to offend.

I didn't take any offense - just didn't understand what you were getting at in terms of the 10mm.

At the range, I do see some just blasting away but I see a lot more people concentrating on hitting to point of aim. They seem to be doing about the same performance wise regardless of what type of handgun they are shooting. Admittedly, most are very poor shots but that's a function of technique and practice. I think 95% of them are self taught and simply don't know how to shoot accurately.

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG