Testing you betcha! Now I and friends tested several calibers one hot day at the gun club. Those calibers included the .380-auto, 9mm Luger, 40Smith & Wesson, 45acp and my two Glocks in 10mm caliber.

The test media was nothing other than soaked (dripping wet) newspaper at 6ft and 20ft later. Ammo tested was Cor-Bon, Speer Gold Dot, Hornady "Self Defense" and Pow-R-BALL (made by Cor-Bon. This ammo is designed to fragment after a certain distance etc.

The .380-auto with Cor-Bon, 200-lbs energy traveled 3.75 inches into the test media. The 9mm Luger with Cor-Bon had 466-lbs of energy and traveled almost 8 inches deep. The .40 Smith & Wesson with Cor-Bon had 500-lbs of energy and traveled 8.25 inches. The 45acp with Speer Gold DOT traveled 8.6 inches and the 10mm with Buffalo Bore ammo and FMJ went clean through the whole stack of news paper over 12 inches.

News paper is very tuff on bullets! I don't know what the slide rule says or comparison with actual body tissue but I know I will never carry a .380-auto in any type of weapon. The 9mm Luger is my minimum.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN