They are accurate for sure. They have a somewhat bad rep for being too soft and they do come apart on ocassion, but they work probably 95% or better most of the time..That is what causes these sometimes hot arguements..

When I started handloading Sierras were all I could get and they worked very well for me, but on ocassion one would come apart.I used them in the 30-30, .270, 30-06, 7x57, 257 Robts, 250 Savage, 243 and a few others. The results were always the same, perfect most of the time with an ocassional blowup, with the exception of the 30-30 bullets and they always performed to perfection.. I never lost an animal shot with a Sierra that I recall...By failure I basically mean bullet seperation or total disrupture. When they blow up inside its usually an instant kill btw.

On a scale of 1-10 I would give Sierra Game Kings a good strong 8..I give Nosler partitions a 10, so I'd say the Sierras are a great deer bullet..And I know the 250 gr. .338 is a good elk bullet and the 300 gr. .375 is another very dependable bullet.

I still think that a bonded core or partition bullet is good insurance on an expensive hunt.