Originally Posted by saddlesore
Atkinson.Many times on this forum you have stated that you shoot what you want and others can do as they want,and yet you end up saying to shoot anything other than one of the premiums is foolish. To me that insinuates that all of us that shoot these bullets are fools. Pretty harsh words which I take a little, bit of an offense.I guarantee, there have been a heck of a lot more animals killed with these std bullets by many hunters than just the few thousand you have killed. Example.In Pa, for many years thousands of whitetail deer a year were killed, and as I remember about the same number were killed in Wisconsin or Minnisota.The majority for many years were kiled with a 30-30 using Cor Loks,or Win PP or maybe silver tips.

You are the one who continuously professes that all elk shot in your area are usually shot at the south end of a north bound elk. So I can see why you have to use these bullets, but there are many of us who don't necessarily have to do that. If it were me,I'd figure out how come that is and correct the problem. Maybe we are just stupid or fools,or just maybe,we have learned a thing or two along the way.

I chose to use a bullet that will do the job, and save a little money doing it. As I have posted many times here, using a $1 bullet where a 25 cent bullet will do is like paying a $100 lady of the evening for a $5 oral sex job. You feel the same when it is all over and done with, but you just wasted $95. Those $95 dollars come hard for me. It will buy me the diesel to get to and from my hunting area, and I can still buy $22 worth of bullets with what is left.

I have a 3/4 T diesel pick up that is required to pull my stock trailer, but I don't use it every day running around. I use the little Toyota Tacoma.Sorta of the same thing. The big truck will do the job, but it sure is wasting money using it.

Just my take on it.

+1

And I don't buy Ray's silly nonsense that a bullet should make two holes in an animal so it leaves a blood trail so it can be tracked. WTF is up with that? Perhaps he has become too dependent on all those african trackers that accompanied him on his past african safaris! Lols!

MtnHtr