Originally Posted by Iraklion
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Originally Posted by Iraklion
Originally Posted by ingwe
I swear at 'em..

Ingwe

Same here. They come apart most of the time and in my way of thinking that is unacceptable. Accubonds Partitions Hornadies Barnes etc.

I find that not to be true and I shot them in guns that should make that happen? A 7MM Rem, 300 Weatherby and 8MM Rem Mag???????????

I have seen a 150 Sierra BT come apart at 150 yards on the shoulder of an antelope buck. The jacket was found on the hide in the entrance wound and the rest of the core disintagrated inside the buck. This was launched from a 308 Winchester Savage 99. Did the buck die? Oh yes. Right there. Was my buddy pissed? He never used Sierra again. That and a few other examples were enough evidence for me. I do not want to take any chances. Additionally when I talked to the "Ballistic Team" they sound like their stuff does not smell and they do not need to upgrade their bullets, like everybody else is doing in the industry. They are a company in denial using yesteryear's technology. I have no use for them. Great target bullets and great varmint bullets. Everything else they make are made for breaking in barrels or fireforming brass. Again that is my opinion. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Well I used the 200 Gr in my 300 Weatherby at a hair over 3000 fps an Elk quartering away from me at 150 yards right to left. Hit it at about forth rib from the rear and the bullet lodged under the right shoulder 70 in tact and did not loose the jacket as some claim. Don't know what to say that's always been my result. I'm thinking you just have bad Carma because this wasn't a one time thing.

NRA Lifetime Member