I tend to believe they perform better in the slower cartridges, read 30-30, 30-40, 250 & 300 Sav, .243, .257 Rob, 6.5-55, the Mousers series, .308 Win, .303 Brit and so on and so forth. Had a .225 gr. SGK in a .338 Win blow up on the side of a Doe muley about 20-22 yrs ago that blew a 9' circle of hair around the deer and it just ran off. The shot was to the Rt rib cage from about 75 yds. My pard saw it further down a ridge and dispatched it with a 180gr Colorado custom (know known as Barnes) from a .308 Norma. After further inspection, we noticed the hit from the .225gr SGK and the flesh wound it did. I was horrified and came to the conclusion I still have today. This is why I use the bullets I do. I feel it's my responsibility as a responsible hunter to make every effort in making a honorable, quick & humane dispatch of the quarry stalked and hunted. This was just my experiences and in no way to start a war.

It is what it is.

Last edited by SUPERDIESEL1; 10/22/09.

Some go through life wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. Ronald Regan

My Longest shot is my shortest stalk. USMC 83-87