Jeff.I'm not disputing your point,but think your math is off. To work up a load I figure you would have to buy two boxes of $40 bullets to get a hundred. Maybe shoot 50 of them.Every year,to check zero, I shoot about 15, 5 three shot groups if my sights are off. Then maybe 5 at game ,if I get two elk tags and two deer tags. Some times less,sometimes more. That is considerably more, but granted,you would only have to work up a the load once.

It seems everyone on here that touts the expensive bullets, never says how many times they have encounted one of those not performing.I know darm well it happens. Discount all the stories about Sierras coming apart,etc from guys who chose to push them too fast and I would bet the percentage is about the same of them not peforming as any other bullet. So far as far as I can remeber,on this thread we have had about 4 guys say the Sierra penciled through.Pretty small statistical average.Over the years I have seen a a lot more guys post that about partitions and Barnes bullets.
Sure, shoot a .308 at 400yds and punch through both lungs,and the Sierra might pencil through. So would almost every other bullet on the market.

You guys just don't get it. Every bullet on the market is going to not perform as expected at one time or another. Doesn't matter if you are shooting your own cast bullets or some bullet that cost $2 a pop. I'm still willing to bet most cries of bullet failure are due to chosing the wrong bullets for the job , or poor marksmanship

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles