Saddlesore

Actually I don't count load work, one round of load work with TSX took shooting a suggested load, 3 shots, was well under MOA in a small 6mm I have, and then I shot about 4 more 3 shot groups, all doing fine. It was zero'd and the only time I"ve shot it since at non game was last year after I somehow realized I'd missed a buck... Couldn't find the limb I had to have hit, but shot it back at the truck, top of a dime sized spot on a bag at one hundred.

Load work can be a few rounds or say a couple of boxes. Not a big deal, its the shooting after that, that I count. Which isn't much shooting in reality generally.

As to no bullet performing, well I've had 100% track record on TSX and now TTSX. Including them doing things that I thought they might not be able to do. I load them for a fair amount of other friends and same results. Thats why I pay for them and am so sold on them. WHat more can I ask about a fast driven 150 in a 300 wtby that hits deer at under 30 yards and does just fine, or a 225 grain X from a 338 win mag that expands twice at 802 yards? Everything in between those parameters has been perfect also.

I cannot say the same for the others. Just what I've seen and its more than a sampling of 4 that didn't expand....

Like I said I shoot the non premiums here and there, and won't practice with premiums, but sure will use em... Used to carry a box of wind resistant bullets around to matches, when it was an important to me 600 yard match IF the weather turned really bad I'd pull out the ones that the projectile itself was about 1.50 each, and fire 22 of them,win the match and drive home.. of course the entry fee, the fuel and time etc... validated to me at least, that winning was the validation.... IE the expense of the bullet helped solve the situation.

I've said it before and will again and live by it, when its time to hunt where you can and will pass up the wrong shots, use what you want, I do it all the time. When its a must do situation, then run the premium bullets.

The other side to it is that I prefer the non destruction of meat via the premium bullets, but as I age I also value the ability to make sure they are dead above all first...

And yep, bullet/arrow placement is always the FIRST thing to worry about... much like my soapbox thing on scopes... give me the best scope I can afford.... if I have a cheap scope but good binocs, (assuming late or early) and can find with binocs but not see well enough to shoot.... AND give me a cheap single shot gun,with great scope other than the reverse.. can't shoot what you can't see. Put it in the right place first, then generally most bullets work.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....