well the 40 is a higher pressure round i think on that we all agree and the the glock is not a fully supported chamber so with that the risk of this happening is incressed. now i am not a glock junkie but do have 2( a 30-45 and 31-357sig and carry one on a daily basis ) i know there has been some cases of ka-booms mostly with 40's and than 9's next in line but now days with the internet if it happens to 1 pistol it gets posted evey where and you would think half of them out there blew up if there was a major problem with this l beleive there would be a recall . glock tells you no reloaded ammo i will be the first to admit i do run my reloads(not lead)
for practic rounds cant afford to buy that much factory ammo i do watch for "bludged" cases and discard them that being said there is a lot of factory ammo out there that uses "recondioned" brass and i bet they dont check their brass as well as most handloaders combine that with a high pressure round and IF they had "reconditioned" brass and an over charge and a not fully supported chamber you get the idea but it could have been a defective pistol but not likley