Interesting dialogue.
I did my research before buying my Glock 17 gen 3.
The Glock does indeed have "slightly" more of an unsupported chamber... has a little more slop in the chamber compared to a match chamber... not supposed to fire lead rounds in the polygonal bore... not supposed to use reloads... Some 40's in Glocks apparently have a higher percent of kabooms than the original 9mm... So guess what I did?
I bought a 9mm, I shoot no reloads, I shoot jacketed rounds, and I know for sure that I am shooting a "mix" (gun/round) that will load, and load, and load, and shoot, and shoot, and shoot, for as long as I want to pull the trigger... the 9mm Glock is a sewing machine of dependability...
I also have long-guns I reload, both 30-06 and 375h&h... I stay within the limitations of the rifle and if I ever want to shoot a hotter load, I'll get a bigger rifle... boring, huh?
Reading all the kaboom diatribe tells me that some folks want to push the envelope and not do what Glock recommends, then complain about the weapon... let's see.... I wonder if I can put another 20 grains of 4350 in my 06', and I wonder if it will hold up???? What do you think?

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers