i thought his articles on the old rifles were fantastic. one of his last articles, maybe his last was about the finding of warehoused rifles from india.

he typically picked apart the rifles and explained to the reader each piece. their condition, what specific models to look for, what the prices were etc. by the time you finished reading the article you could smell the cosmoline that was used to protect those rifles.

he even gave a reloading lesson. i always liked the way he looked out for the regular guy, ie: poor folks like me that can't afford $5000 rifles and $2000 scopes. he and finn aagaard were my favorites.

both were opinionated but they were never condescending to the readers. other than mr. barsness there isn't much to read in handloader and rifle anymore.

there isn't one of johnny b's articles i don't learn something new from. they are always informative and up to date. thanks john.

back to ross, i miss him also, but like one of the earlier posters said, "there ain't a dang thing us folks can do about it".

thats my rant for the week.

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS. I AM HANDICAPPED AND ONLY HAVE ONE USABLE HAND FOR TYPING, THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.

"THE" THREAD KILLER #3

It's ok....I've started up my meds again........They'll take effect in about a week. ( In honor of Staci M. 2006)

NRA LIFE MEMBER - 1965
JPFO- LIFE MEMBER

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR.....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

HAPPY TRAILS, BILL