I was always under the impression that you offer something before claiming something. That's what I've usually done, found an item I didn't need and offer it here. Rereading the first post there is mention of claiming an item if you have nothing currently posted for offer and then offering something else in the same post.

I'm usually ahead in having sent out an item. Then if I see something I want I claim it. I find something else around here, I offer it.

The spirit of the original idea has gotten lost...

"As I understand the pay it forward concept you post a list of items you possess that have limited usefulness but you can't bring yourself to throw away. If someone can use one of your items they post in the thread claiming "dibs" and PM you with forwarding information. No money changes hands; the member offering the item is responsible for shipping it. I would like to see fair use of the thread, so if you claim "dibs" and don't have any offers posted please include an item to be offered in your "dibs" post."

In the spirit of things... two samples of broadheads, one head per pack, a Grizz Trick and a Razor Trick, shipped together.

Attached Images
Photo on 2012-02-11 at 10.46.jpg (87.4 KB, 163 downloads)
Broadheads

"My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income."