The Creedmoor looks like a decent round to me. I almost went with it but chose to have mine chambered in 6.5x47 Lapua instead.

If you're going with a factory gun most creedmoors have an 8 twist which will allow you to run the long heavies. It also has some reasonably price factory ammo if you don't load. I'm not sure I'd use it a 1000 on deer unless I thought the bullet would still expand at that low of velocity. For a soft high BC bullet the 140 Amax would be worth a look. I also like the VLD hunting bullets.

I think impact velocity and bullet construction are more important than energy. I like to see my impact velocity at 1800 or above but I've seen the amax expand at 1600.

I've shot deer with a 260 and it works well. A creedmoor is same performance wise. Both are awesome but that being said my long range deer gun is a 264 win mag and my 243 with 105's hangs pretty nicely with my 260 at long range. But the 243 is a custom with an 8 twist.

And, don't be afraid to look at the 7-08 too. My factory twisted 700's will run the 162 Amax at 2700fps over H4350 loaded to mag length.
Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 02/20/12.