I agree. I have that article... a buddy of mine who is not, despite my best efforts, a loonie called me after he read it wanting to know what it'd run to get a 257 Roberts built. He has a nicely sporterized BRNO in 8x57 so we went through the steps/cost and he decided to keep to a factory rifle, but didn't go there when I told him about the cost of new Rugers, etc.

He is close though...

I teased him with a run down on my 9 yo son's $195 Bob that I'm in the process of building "campfire style" through classifieds and he got rather riled up... getting closer... I teased him that while Samuel and I were in camp enjoying fire roasted Bob-shot tenderloins he'd be chasing his 8mm-shot buck all over the country smile ...

Great article indeed and empirical data galore. I'm certain Sav99 won't care to have it cuz it doesn't support his position and my observation of him in multiple threads like this (and the reason I now have him on ignore) is that he doesn't care for facts one bit... if they don't support his conclusions, that is.