Originally Posted by Jeff_Lebowski
I believed Wiggy's Alaska was affiliated with Wiggy's and I thought I could get the 30% discount on the bags I had just purchased. I had stopped to ask if Wiggy's Alaska carried Valendre Bags. They didn't, but I knew Wiggy's rep and I bought the Antarctic bag with OB. It wasn't until I got home that I saw Wiggy's had a 30% off sale. Thinking Wiggy's Alaska was affiliated with Wiggy's I called and spoke with Mark. He told me he was not affiliated with Wiggy's and that was pretty much the end of the $180 discount. I don't blame Mark - he's a great guy that really knows his stuff when it comes to outdoors gear. I actually don't feel I lost anything because I know where I can go to get an honest opinion. Writing such harsh words like in the title of this blog do very little to actually describe Wiggy's Alaska and Mark, but unfortunately that is today's world.

I look at things like this. Mark is very successful at Wiggy's Alaska for two reasons. He knows his stuff and he has high quality gear. For any business to remain open in this economy is an accomplishment in itself.

When I have a concern or seek an opinion about Alaska Outdoor I'll look to Mark for an honest answer.

Old thread notwithstanding...
No dis to Marc--I like the guy and his input at the AOD over the years, but those bags would be returned to his store and I'd be buying direct from Wiggy's for the discount.

Unless Marc is cluing you in to co-ordinates his trophy billy spot, no advice is worth $180 of my hard earned dough...