Here's a little FYI for my dealings with Marc Taylor and my experience with Wiggy's products...

I went on my first Alaskan adventure in August 2005 - a Dall sheep hunt. While doing research for a sleeping bag, more people had expressed their pleasure with Wiggy's than not. That being the case, I called Marc Taylor to speak with him personally about the bags he was selling. After speaking with him and doing a little more research, I concluded that I would try a Wiggy's bag. So, I contacted Marc again and spoke with him about the Kifaru-Wiggy's Ultralight and he agreed to send me the bag, without pre-payment, to try and if I liked the bag, I could pay him, or if I didn't like it, I could send it back. Now, Marc didn't know me from Adam but he sent the bag to me on blind faith that he would get paid or have the bag returned. Did I mention I live in Louisiana and he paid the shipping too?

I decided that I would keep the bag and paid Marc. However, the customer service didn't stop there. Marc told me to call him when I got into Anchorage. Well, I did just that and ended up making my way to Wiggy's-Alaska to visit with Marc. Upon my arrival at Marc's store, he closed shop and took me to pick up my license, tag and a few other essentials. Thereafter, he took me to eat dinner and paid for the meal and he then dropped me off at my hotel so I could get my affairs in order for when my guide picked me up the next a.m.

As for the bag, I sleep comfortably in the bag (20 degree bag) in the Talkeetnas. The temperature never dipped below the lower 40s, upper 30s but I have no complaints. I did have one so-so encounter with the bag in Pecan Island, Louisiana sleeping in the same tent I used on the sheep hunt when the temps were in the mid-30s and the air was damp but I attribute that to the fact that I went to bed after a night of good spirits around a camp fire and slept only in my boxers and a t-shirt.

That being said, I am headed back to Alaska this year for a moose hunt and need a 0 degree bag. In all likelihood it will be a Wiggy's bag from Marc Taylor because he treated me like a friend more than a customer.

Last edited by Romo; 02/05/06.