I've been through Arctic Survival training there, through UAF, and spent one night in a snow shelter I dug on Murphy Dome when the temp was around 45 below, wind chill around -110, though that was on the old wind chill chart...it's changed somewhat now. I spent more nights out, but that one was the coldest. We were also allowed one candle in the shelter then.

Can't remember the two instructors names now, but I think one was Brent.

By the way, I wasn't in a Wiggy's bag.....and I still have a pulse....hate to break you the bad news.

That was the class that sparked an interest in winter camping for me, when I lived in Fairbanks. We played in some pretty cold stuff.

You might notice that few experienced people say "those bags are no good", as you put it. Instead, once they get past the hype, they realize that Wiggy's bags are among several brands which will work fine when your ass in on the line, despite Wigutlow's claims that nothing else even comes close. There do seem to be more quality control and customer relations issues with Wiggy's than some of the others, also.

Just because you took a little training class, don't get to feeling too special. You'll find folks on here that put their time in also. They don't bullshitt easy, but you're welcome to keep trying.