Originally Posted by dogzapper

Originally Posted by Slidellkid
Steve,

You are getting crazy over this AR stuff!

I plan on getting my first in the next couple of weeks. My old buddies and I have a "Nanny Blast" every couple of years. 20 points for a head shot, 15 for neck and 10 for body. I plan on bringing a very accurate RRA to the hunt and doing some precision shooting. My plan is that if I see a herd of deer I might be able to get off a couple of accurate shots before they run off. I've won the compeition twice with my .264 but just looking for something a little different. Will probably order one in .223 though I am tempted by the 6.8.

My friend,

Please don't tell anybody, but I've killed a few pickup loads of mule deer and not a few antelope with a .223. The 55-grain Hornady Spire Point simply kills them dead ... and quite often the bullets exit, for pity's sake.

The 5.56/.223 is a totally amazing cartridge. Incredibly accurate and it surely kills way out of it's league.

Please share your new rifle with us.

May God Bless You,

Steve

Steve, you had any luck with the Sierra 65 grain game king? That bullet over varget is simply amazingly accurate in my Colt 6720. I have 200 more being delivered this week, and want to shoot them at little 150-170 pound White tails in October. Thoughts??

I have a hankering for a new rifle, all my guns are 16 inch as well! I see they make an LTM with the 3 groove barrel.