I am not surprised, actually expected this from the outset of this brand. The initial production was here in Vancouver, BC and much "hype" was posted on the Kuiu site concerning how wonderful the Canadian manufacturers were and how great it is to be able to "test" this gear hunting wild sheep here in B.C. and the Canadian N.W.T.

I do NOT buy "China" and I just bought a pair of Wild Things pants made in the USA, I also will buy Westcomb clothing made here in Vancouver, which I find is the finest I have seen in over 50 years of active wearing of top end outdoor clothing. I also do NOT see that "made in Canada" is the same as "made in China" as one of Hairston's bloggers stated on the above link.....I kinda wonder, just how many Stone's rams are shot in China?

Whatever, from what I have seen, Kuiu is going the same route that Sitka went and there is far better gear made in Canada, the USA and Europe for me to buy.....as I have done and will continue to do. I would highly recommend Wild Things Tactical Light shell clothing in place of Kuiu and the pants I just received are simply superb.

Quality in China is superior,,,,well, whatever, I guess that guided "dude hunters" can fantasize about anything.