I have no problem with that philosophy, we can survive an end to American's buying Canadian lumber, etc. and I am totally opposed to the current raw log exports from B.C. to WA. state mills. I have not set foot across the border since '98 or '99 and am not likely to ever do so again.

The oil, gas and electricity exports can be eliminated by using our cheap hydropower to give Canadian industry a competitive edge over U.S. industry in the international market, I strongly favour this. If, the U.S. "Eastern Seaboard" and/or California suffers from "brownouts", too bad, it's business.

Now, since the Chinese and Indians are VERY interested in buying Canadian petro resources as well as forest products, we can simply expand our exports to them. We HAVE the resources and we can sell them as we see fit.

Given the huge increase in Chinese, Indian and European tourism, most of which is non-consumptive and not a drain on our rare wildlife, such as Stone's Sheep, I see no benefit in allowing Americans to hunt, fish, wilderness ski or climb in Canada.....yup, I have zero problems with staying out of your country as I have so much more here in mine!