I see no benefit in allowing Americans to hunt, fish, wilderness ski or climb in Canada.....yup, I have zero problems with staying out of your country as I have so much more here in mine!

kutenay

Does that mean that Vancouver and Victoria will be off limits to all folks from the U.S? I would be interested in the amount of money dropped by American tourists in these two cities alone compared to the amount spent on hunting and fishing in B.C. I am betting that those two cities cannot afford to lose all the U.S. dollars spent there on tourism.

If you think too much of your wildlife is being sold to U.S. folks don't blame the folks hunting and fishing them, blame whoever is managing them. If the truth is known they probably would rather sell licenses to non-residents because they can charge higher prices.

I agree that NAFTA is a bad deal but I don't think Canada as a whole wants an "Iron Curtain" between them and the U.S. in the big scheme of things. I doubt if it would be a benefit in the long run for B.C. even.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink