Kutenay, be realistic. The US is, what, 65% of your market. That's cutting off more than your nose. I, like SU35, am in the lumber business; have been for 35 years. I've seen a lot of changes and struggles between our countries over this issue. This whole situation, particularly over the last 12 years has degenerated to a lot of saber-rattling in order to preserve pride on both sides of the border. It has affected a lot of "bystanders" as a result. How many Canadian mills have had to close as a result? How many families have had to(try to) start over. Granted, there are other markets for Canadian species, Japan and the like, but those have proven cyclical and marginally dependable. Many of those markets have been grabbed by other exports from Australia, NZ and Central America as their resource bases have come to marketable maturity in the last 20 years. The single exception seems to be cedar, but the enviros have screwed that one up. Is isolationism really the answer? If that's your take on it, your interests are too narrow in scope. Just look at the difference in housing starts in Canada vs. the US. Even in poorer years, we have a huge appetite. Like it or not, we keep many of you employed. I'll be glad to see this govt. piss-fest go away and things get back to "normal". End of rant.