M1-

That's an interesting observation on the UP and I wholeheartedly agree. Much can be said for WI as well. While we get some that dress at, say, 240#, it's still pretty rare - though I'm sure someone will provide ample evidence that it happens regularly based on a guy at work's second cousin on their mom's side and will swear they are regularly weighed on a certified scale sans innards. grin

And, generally when that happens, it's one taken with stick and string in the latter part of October.
___

Gents have offered a lot of places where it can happen and I'll throw North Dakota in for good measure too. But the reality is, the OP asked the best state or province for a TRAVELING hunter to shoot a 300 whitetail - IE the best odds - and that answer is still SK. There isn't a province that affords you a greater luxury to look at a lot of antlered deer (in the good years - lack of harsh winters). AB and MB are good too but the baiting equation helps SK.

If I was looking to scratch "huge-whitetail-that-I-can't-budge-when-I-try-to-drag-him" off my bucket list, it'd be NW SK.

MooseMike (OP), this buck easily makes the cut and I know he didn't die via bullet this year. laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D