Originally Posted by BobinNH
LDhunter: I have heard that parts of Georgia were restocked years back with northern strain whitetails, so some of them get pretty big....never hunted there though.

It's true but most of them migrated all over the place. There have been some bucks killed that were supposedly of the "Wisconsin Variety" but it's been a few years since the latest reporting of that.

Georgia has a lot bigger bucks and merely crossing the state line seems to get you into a lot larger deer than you see in Florida. I think it's the farming and better soils. I hunt both Florida and Georgia and love hunting in both but we certainly don't have the big herds that the midwestern breadbasket states have.

It's not uncommon to see less than 3 deer a day for several days then watch the parade of them for a day or two around here. For some reason our herds in both states have been on a steady decline for about 3 years and it's got everyone mystefied as to why.

I miss Colorado but I've heard it's changed a lot since I was last there in the early 90's. frown

I have friends in Virginia that are constantly sending pics of really dandy bucks they've killed and a buddy with a lease in SC has done the same... We're certainly suckin' hind tit down here when it comes to big deer and big herds. LOL

$bob$

Many who have freedom have no idea where they got it....