Pseshooter300: I have used Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets in several calibers continuously for 25+ years now.
I have NEVER had to shoot an animal a second time whilst using these bullets.
These animals include 3 kinds of Deer, Antelope, Bull Elk and Mountain Goat.
The calibers of Ballistic Tip bullets I have used includes: 24 caliber, 25 caliber, 26 caliber, 27 caliber, 28 caliber and 30 caliber!
The next time you hear ANYONE say that these Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets "are junk" just look them in the face and laugh at them!
Don't say anything - just laugh in their face and walk away - you have just dealt with either an idiot/contrarion or a POOR SHOT!
That 165 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip you purchased is an ESPECIALLY lethal AND accurate bullet! It also flies flat and far having a ballistic coefficient of .475!
Place your Nosler Ballistic Tips carefully on game and get out your skinning knife - its that simple.
Having said these things in full disclosure I must add that I now Hunt Elk in country where there is now an ever increasing number of Grizzled Bears!
When Hunting Elk in this country, nowadays, I use the Nosler 160 grain Partitions in my 7mm Remington Magnum Elk Rifle and I use the 165 grain Nosler Partition in my 30/06 Elk Rifle - my thoughts here being if I need to bring down a Grizzly Bear the Partition bullets may be a tad more lethal (quicker to be lethal) on said creature?
Best of luck to you this coming season.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy