I've not seen any difference with the original issue 100gr Btips in my 25-06s, or the last ones bought several years ago.

Very accurate, all one shot kills from different 25-06s. Some out there 400 to 500 yards. Last big doe dropped at 200 yards, never exited the shoulder. That was a wounded deer someone else had hit, was gettin' away when I dropped it with a shoulder poke.

Lung shots were all pass-thrus, even at over 400 yards, deer dead on the ground where hit.

Up until my huntin' bud passed away some years ago, we'd taken over two dozen deer between us, with 25-06s and the 100gr Btip. All but one or two of his were one shot kills.

He went whacko one year on a doe scootin' around in creek bottom brush and hit it two or three times before it keeled. I liked to bring that'un up from time to time, he never liked hearing about it much. ;O)

Also killed several deer with the "original" 165gr Btips and assorted 30-06s. No issues, but I think subsequent 165s were made a bit tougher?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.