Originally Posted by geedubya
Fine lookin' bucks there guy.

Good on ya'

Best,

GWB

PS: If you have the time or inclination, would love to hear details.

If directed to me, thank you. Its been a good couple of years. I've noticed your pictures in awe but have been fortunate myself the last couple years and am proud of those deer

Numbers 1 and 4 were killed in the North Georgia mountains on a 230 acre tract i have been hunting since i was 12 (i am 40 now). Land is pretty steep and is almost entirely hardwood ridges on the chatahoochee river. Generally poor genetics and lots of pressure, so i am especially proud of those deer

2 and 3 were killed on a 350 acre place i bought in late 2011 in the piedmont of SC (an hour drive from where i live in Charlotte). Its been fun working my own piece of land for wildlife. Its got good topography and habitat mix for that part of the state and those are the only 2 deer i have taken off the land since i bought it. The genetics are pretty good but the population is lower due to the coyotes and thr deer are well educated for some reason (very skittish and almost entirely nocturnal - rare to see them feeding in the open in daylight)

Rifle was built for me by dave tooley of tooley custom rifles. I consider him a friend now as he is close by