Originally Posted by battue
Darrick,

I'm really not all that surprised that it did that well on your Elk.

The original ones I used in the .280AI did open up quickly it seemed, but they worked well every time. Perhaps I was just lucky. By the time I started using them in the 7mm-08 they must have bumped them up because pass thru became common. Truthfully, I didn't know any of this until I came on here. Most recent time I used one was this year on an average Doe at around 80, with a .308W. Blew thru with a nice quarter sized exit. She went around 30-40 yards. Not a lot of blood but I hit high on a quartering away.

Better than good Whitetail bullet and it has been around long enough that they have the kinks ironed out.

I agree Harry. I've sectioned a ton of recently manufactured Ballistic Tips and I like what I see. I can't determine the hardness of the lead, but there is plenty of jacket. I really like the looks of the 30 cal 168NBT.

I've read that some of the heavier for caliber BT's have really been toughened up over the years and I'm a believer.

Ballistic Tips are now my go-to bullet in almost every cartridge I use to hunt deer. I'm not afraid of them on bigger stuff either.

There are several good bullets on the market today.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!