Buckeye,

I feel my resizing die did not size the case enough, and maybe it did not size to the base of the case. Not sure how this happened as I followed the instruction to the letter. So how is the resizing die supposed to be adjust further then? By screwing the die in more?

Did not think of taking out the de-priming pin so I do not have to punch out the primer and then having to prime again. thanks for the idea.

As for the black marker OAL (and I know I am getting OAL and COAL mixed up), I put a bullet I am going to use in a fired case, pushing just slightly so the case holds the bullet. Then mark the bullet all black and insert this case in the chamber and close the bolt. Then open the bolt and usually the bullet does not come out with the case. Remove the bullet and put this same bullet back in the case up to where the mark indicates where the bullet stopped being pushed in. This is the length of the cartridge where the lands meet. I read this in the Speer book and I have seen others stated they do this too. It seem much easier for me because when I used the Stoney OAL I have to take repetitive measurements and most of them are never the same and are very slightly different by .002 or so if I am stating it correctly.

When you say "adjust your die down in the press more" how do you know if you have gone too far then?

Originally Posted by BuckeyeSpecial
valad:

From what you describe, your full length re-sizing die may have been improperly adjusted and was not sizing the case enough to allow it to fully re-enter the chamber i.e. when sizing, the case did not go into the die enough to resize the base of the case.

One of the other posters is suggesting you pull the loaded bullets, adjust your die down in the press more, and re-size the cases; check after re-sizing by loading each re-sized case and that each allows a closed bolt with minimal pressure to do so.

When re-sizing after pulling the bullets, take out the de-priming pin from the FL sizing die and you won't have to knock out the unfired primer.