BSA,

I can now see the video. Its not in the first post you indicated the video.

And looking at the LVSF 223Rem I have...I just pulled out of the safe and the new brass works easier loading than the ADL rifle I been working with. For some reason this is bothering me...I have shot factory fodder in this ADL rifle and it worked. Both were Winchester and Hornady loads. Maybe I am getting rifles mixed up.

Regardless...I do not know how to do a chamber cast and probably a gunsmith has the tools to do this as well as check headspace. So this rifle is gonna get a new barrel.

I have a LH .223 action that I been itching to get it barreled. Since I am a lefty I am going to make this a first priority so I am going to have to look for a barrel/stock etc. Maybe send this to Mickey but I got to get the parts together first. Now I am thinking...worth going for the .223 AI?

I have that LVSF for my son so this 223Rem ADL is not needed to fix now since I need to locate a barrel.

With all of this said...I am going to pull out my VS 22-250 and clean up brass and start loading this and keep in mind to keep this KISS...load to suggest OAL and go shoot it!

I am thinking this "why is everyone chasing max measurement to the lands and bumping off .020" when they can just load to OLA." Either they are chasing more accuracy or their rifle does not shoot good at OAL as suggest in books. I must have read all of this wrong. But from now on I will load new rounds to OAL and see how the rifle shoots.

Last edited by valad; 03/11/14.