Originally Posted by valad
Swifty,

Thanks for the information. I went off the lands at .020. What would you consider "seated deeper"? Since I already have these RCBS dies I will use them. But how would the other dies be better?

I whacked the inertia bullet puller last night and woke everyone up lol. My daughter said it sounds like someone trying to break in the house. So I did it again and WOW is all I can say...did not remove the bullet from the case. Guess I am going to have to try harder.

Inertia pullers are, no offense, Junk. Buy a collet puller that screws into your press.
Now what I have read into this is that you used a comparator to find the lands. These as I have found can give very misleading results. While getting you close, getting the feel for when you kiss the lands or actually have it jammed is critical.
I found that if the bullet will not fall out of the rifle when tipped up without smacking the action, you are to far into the lands. It should actually come out with the case or just by tipping the rifle up.
The OAL given in the manuals is actually a good starting point for seating as it should work in 90% of the factory rifles out there. Also a good recommendation since it seems you are new to this. You being 70 thou over suggests that you may be running a jam. This along with improperly sized brass will definitely cause your problem.

Adjust the dies as Antelope Sniper has suggested, resize a couple, run your seating depth back to 2.260 and see what happens when you chamber the dummy. It just might surprise you.

Last edited by Swifty52; 03/09/14.

Swifty