I wanted to touch on one thing that someone brought up. When setting up sizer dies, you screw in the die to where it touches the shell holder (that is raised up of course) and then turn down say 1/4 more. And if the brass does not fit in the chamber of the rifle then you turn down say 1/8 and size again. Do this until the brass fits in the rifle.

What happens if you do the same thing such as setting the doe up as I stated with 1/4 turn and the brass fits in the rifle chamber. Should be back out the sizer die to maybe 1/8 to get a better fit? Or just assume 1/4 is going to give a good fit?

I am asking this because the RCBS instructions say to bring the sizer die down to the shell holder and then turn in 1 complete turn. But someone in this post said 1/4 is usually a good starting point.

Are we trying to get a near perfect brass to chamber fit but of course it needs to be slightly smaller than the chamber. Reason why I am bringing this up is because when I full size a brass I want to make sure I am sizing the brass from the head of the case. Is 1/4 die turn down enough to full size the brass?