Swifty,

Well I got the inertia since I had placed some orders from Midway and bring they rape ya on shipping I got some stuff that I *may need later on. What company sells the collet puller, I will get that the next time I order something.

Yes I had to whack the rifle to get the bullet to fall out. I was under the impression that the closer to the lands w/o touching gives better accuracy but I also know that each rifle is different and this is experimenting.

Since you mention the OAL in manuals is actually a good starting point in loading, is this what everyone does when they first load a cartridge to see how it shoots. And the OAL you are referring to is measuring the cartridge from tip to head with a caliper right? My thought was the length from the ogive to the tip is going to vary somewhat and that is why you measure from the ogive to the head.

From what you said I will load the NBT 50gr. 224 to 2.260 OAL and see how it loads in my rifle and the shoot it.

I should have mentioned this rifle an M700 ADL) had another barrel installed from another ADL rifle since someone bought a ADL and shooting factory fodder did not give them acceptable results so this person ordered a new barrel to be installed in their rifle. This meant the LGS had an extra barrel. My uncle brought his ADL (mine now) to the GS and said his nephew cleaned the barrel out with a wrong size brass (larger sized) and thus had this stuck in the barrel. So the GS replaced the ADL barrel with another ADL barrel. This barrel should be the same dimension as the original barrel.

So thanks for your tip. I will start loading now using the stated OAL from the book or manufacture and adjust from there. I think I incorrectly assumed we should measure to ogive and then back off some xx number but it is best to go with the OAL suggest in book and see how it shoots.

This has been a long running post but informative. Now back to whacking...