I DID make up dummy round but did not test in my rifle. I hesitate putting a live round in my rifle but in hindsight I should have put the darn dummy round in my rifle to test. This would save ALOT of time. You live to learn huh?

Now on to the sizing of the case. A previous poster said to turn the doe in 1/8 and test the case in the rifle and keep doing it until the bolt closes relatively easy. I know when you close a bolt on a round, it closes pretty easy. But I have then the die turn-in increments so much that I have rotated the die a total of 4 or maybe a bit less. There is no threads showing above the lock nut on the die. Is this normal? But the bolt closes "easier" than at the range for sure. So I think I am making some headway but who knows the die is turned way down in the press so I am unsure if this is natural.

And why does the RCBS instructions say to set up the die and when the shell holder is all the way up and the die touches the shell holder, move the shell holder down and turn the die down another 1/8 to 1/4 turn and you are set. When it should actually say "you may have to turn it in more to test function in your rifle". This is why I never thought that I have to test this.

So anyone know if a RCBS die is ok having been screwed almost all the way down such that there is no threads showing above the lock nut on the die? I have a bit more to do but the bolt does close a bit easier but still not like when I throw in factory fodder and close the bolt.