Thanks, Rick!!! So, what would be your guess as to when my model 25 was made? Did savage make a .22/pump action/tube fed/octagon barrel model prior to the model 1914?
<br>
<br>Here's an odd story I might have previously mentioned: Back in the mid 1980's, when I was living in Indiana, I walked into a "Mom & Pop" general store, in the middle of nowhere, & in the back of the store (A store that looked right out of the 1930's, I might add), "Pop" had a whole wall of various weapons; mainly rifles. My eyes immediately spotted a little .22 pump rifle (At that time I wasn't much informed about Savage rifles). I asked him if it was for sale, & he said sure; give me $100.00 for it. I am not, nor was I then, "monied" enough to just say sure & pull out the cash... Regardless, I was lucky enough that he accepted credit cards, so I stuck my neck out & bought it with "plastic." As I mentioned, @ the time, I knew very little about Savages. Anyway, the rifle had a '03 pat. date on the barrel (octogan), pump action, & tube fed. It had a VERY CRESCENT buttplate on it, with the Savage Indian logo stamped on it. At the time, I thought the rifle was originally made that way, but since, people tell me Savage made no such .22 pump/tube fed with a heavy crescent buttplate (!). This rifle was in great condition, & you never had to aim it: just point & shoot. It shot 1/2" groups @ well over 60' w/o aiming it. Sadly, I foolishly (had to) sold it about 10 years ago & have missed it ever since!
<br>
<br>Any thoughts on this?
<br>
<br>Thanks for all your great help! ...Jack

Jack51