Rick-
<br>
<br>That '08/pump/magazine fed/ Savage .22 that I previously mentioned buying, (The one I returned because it was totally worn out; including the magazine), had an origional "short" (If by "short" you mean the magazine didn't extend beyond the trigger guard), & it was marked with the Savage address, etc. + "S/L/LR..." I never examined it very closely (Now, I wish I'd scanned it, to send you guys). The "feed plate" (Forgive my ignorance) & the rear body of the magazine was so worn out that it "kicked back" (unloaded), preventing the bolt from closing fully. As previously mentioned, I promised not to mention who this fellow is, until I got my refund (Just got an email saying it's being mailed out to me tomorrow), (Even then, I'll just give you his "handle," but won't post it on the forum), but when I get my refund, I'll clue you in. I will say this, @ this point; it came out of California & there's other Savage .22 rifles he has up on various auction sites. I don't think the fellow is dishonest. I just think he doesn't really know what he's selling. So far, he's been direct with me; I'll know he's "real" the day I get my refund. If I had seen the rifle in his shop, I'd have offered him $45.00, just for what few parts that are worthwhile. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to cause any trouble... As it stands, I lost over $60.00 in this transaction: $60.00 I could have best used elsewhere (Like food!). Hope you guys understand. Saw 5 deer, running across the road, today (Different times). It happens all the time. Hope I haven't bored anyone. ...Jack

Jack51