Roger-
<br>
<br>I know about the weakness of the model 25's. If you compare the ports of the model 25 & the 29 models, you can see a great difference in size; plus the weakness, as you pointed out, on the 25's receivers. I RARELY fire my 25, and, as with ALL of the few (sigh) Savage .22 pump rifles I'm fortunate to have, I ONLY shoot standard velocity "target" ctgs. I use Remington's because they are readily available in this area, are cheap, & I've never had and real problems with these, even in the model 25 (Which, as you point out, can have a rather "fickel" action)... It accurate enough, but no model 29. I just like it because I think it's pretty. You guys know far more than I, but I'm wondering if Savage produced the model 25 as a "Gallery" rifle, ment to fire very low loads, such as CB or BB "caps??? (Hence the light receiver metal) ...That "odd-ball" '03 (Or maybe it was an '08; I forget) that had that heavy crescent buttplate, but was tube fed/pump action, rather than magazine fed was a perfect squarrel (sp?) rifle. Thanks again; I learn a lot from you fellows.!!! ...Jack

Jack51